Alright, since I should be painting baseboards, and I reeeeeally don't want to.. It's time to catch up on this thread!! Bear with me here:TnT
- Oh, my date twin. I wonder if you're feeling what I'm feeling right now! Good on you for being so mellow about the colour of the bridesmaid dresses! Even though it's hard when you've have a vision for so long, sometimes just going with the flow just feels better, huh? I think that paying for their dresses is very generous, there are lot of inexpensive ways to give them a gift of thanks without it being incredibly expensive. It's been a while since this came up in the thread, but what about the personalized wire hangers to hang their dresses on? As for the inlaws and parents, I have no clue either.
We bought both of our mothers Pandora bracelets for mothers day, so I thought it might be nice to get them a couple of charms to remind them of the wedding. What do you guys think?
Oh, TnT, we hired a planner, and she just came over to bring us the first draft of the timeline. Would you want me to email it to you? She also shared how she comes up with them.Lysh
- Yeesh.. that's nerve wracking, having a groomsman almost back out this late! We're having a similar issue, but it might be a couple backing out, so we're going to lose one on each side. I kind of had a feeling it would happen though, it's not a shocker. Also,
at the second shower!! Did the people who were invited to the shower and not the wedding KNOW that they weren't invited to the wedding? Was it tough to have to go ahead and invite them afterwards?
And HOOORAH! for the dress fitting! Having stuff taken in is always good for an ego boost!Meechie
- Your son's bday party looked like a blast, what awesome costumes!! I LOVE his mushroom hat! Also, your choreographed dance looks awesome, so much fun! Your dress looks great on you, love that style. What do they have to do to it? It looks like it already fits pretty well!
Stress is totally building up, we're only 4 weeks away now, and it's a lot of small things to figure out now. BUT, on the bright side, like you, we're under our anticipated number of guests too! Although we knew we were sending invites to a lot of people that we knew wouldn't come for sure, we sent invites to 190 people, and are now down to 130, still waiting on 17 RSVPs (but we know that most of those are 100% yes).Honey_Pie
- Sounds like you got a lot of the wardrobe stuff taken care of in recent weeks! What colour are the bridesmaids dresses? You said brown and champagne vests for the men, right? I really like the stationery that you're putting together for the tables, looks great!WoodsyGal4
- First of all, a) care to share what herbal supplements you're taking, and b) are they working well? I find I have a hard time falling asleep, once I do, I'm in a coma until about 4am, then I toss and turn until I have to get up at 6.
Second, you are seriously drop dead gorgeous, I'm sure you get that a lot! I really liked how your hair looked after the second trial. I was going to disagree with everyone else re:eyebrows from the makeup trial, but then I scrolled up and saw how nice your natural brows are, and agreed with everyone else! I'm all for a nice solid eyebrow, lol, but your natural ones have a really nice shape!
Third, holy wedding party drama, what is UP with September wedding parties!? There was a lot of bickering over my bachelorette, too, and they tried to keep me out of it, but I ended up having to put my foot down. I am SO not a partier, and some of them wanted to turn it into a really raunchy night, when all I wanted to do is go out for a nice dinner and hang with my best friends.
..and FOURTH, A++ with a FH who gets involved! Did he say he didn't want to do it and secretly loved it once he got into it? I got FH to help me with the shower thank you cards, and he did a great job.
Haven't seen much of Auntieli on here, if I remember correctly, she's the same date as me as well?? If you're out there, hope all is well! I read somewhere recently that one of the galleries in the Westboro/Wellington/Hintonburg area had some sort of restriction put on them because of repeated noise violations or something, I hope that doesn't affect you or your wedding. I could be wayyy off here, but I think I remember you talking about a venue like that??
As for me, I'm at 29 or 30 days away or something? I'm still freaking out. I need to get in touch with the people who made our invites to have the programs and menus made... I was holding out to find out what was going on with our wedding party! I still need to finish making the place cards and come up with something to put on the church pews, make our table numbers, and I had a piece of art that I wanted to make to display on the signing table, but now I don't know if I'll have time. FH was supposed to help me with that, and his part is the first step. I might need to bypass him and just do it myself. Perhaps this weekend, if I ever finish painting baseboards. It's funny how so many people offer to help paint because they "looooove to do it", but when you call them, they're ALL mysteriously busy at the same time.
I think I should be going for a second dress fitting soon, I'll try to get some pics to show you ladies!